Monday, September 04, 2006

Lost pic

I saw that the VOR pic got lost somewhere and I can't seem to edit it in. Well, here it is.















Try to keep yer eyes focused...

Also, one of my mates crave the extended version of the Great Spill of the Grey part 2 (I managed to slide her down the road on our first outing as we got a bit carried away that time, not quite keeping the old tyres she was wearing in mind).
We'd been carrying decent speed through the banked, slighly downhill, left hander at the end of the pit straight all day. Well, the track is quite slow, so all things relative.
At the beginning of the turn there was a few bumps that did not feel very comfortable and the same thing exactly at the apex.
I had felt some slight skidding from the front at the apex, but only that tiny little feeling that only makes a little bit uncertain. This was also one of the four points where I had felt fairly confident, draggin me knee, and we all know how important this is to us mortals...
Anyways, I come down to the apex, just got the knee down half a second (?) earlier, and as we come to the bumps I just feel the front letting go.
- Oh, no not again, low sider!!! I remember flashing through my brain, only just as the front suddenly grips fiercly again, sending me up onto the tank.
The bike is now acting like a snake underneath me. I'm sitting on the tank with my hands on the bars, just straight below me. No possibility to manouver, only hang on. The snakin slows down a fraction later, and I'm thinking - Ah, this could be alright then. At the same time I see we're heading for that big orange line of cones that lines up at the corner exit. Big cones.
The first of them is completely shattered as we plow straight through and as the front digs down into the kitty litter I remember thinking - This will hurt. as I know the armco is not far away. As I fly straight over the bars I close my eyes. I'm slightly surprised by the feeling when I hit the armco with my back first, completely up-side down. It's padded, but I had remembered the warning we had during the morning line-up about how thin this padding was. Well, I just felt like I had been thrown by a giant into one of these gymnasium thick mattrases, you know. A split second later my head lands on the ground as I slide down.
All well apart from a slightly more painful back and neck (they're always a bit sore on me, yeah, yeah, I know, too many female hormones) and bike got away with brueses along the right hand side. The bike had been soooo good looking before the crash, and now a mess again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home