Monday, September 04, 2006

What's up, or down

Like a friend of mine pointed out to me, it's been a while.

In fact it's been almost the whole season. In Sweden we're getting near the end of the bike riding year.
There's been a number of ups this season, but also a few downs.
The ups most definetely includes the MHe. Sure, we've had a few turns aswell, but overall I'm well pleased with our relationship. For fecks, sake, mate! Just look at the girl!!!
















We've covered about 4000 km so far together, and we've fiddled a bit with this and that.

We even went to the tracks together. However, this was not a place to be. At least not in the state the front forks are in (even though we've tweaked them some), and the way I want to be able to ride.















I'm sure we'll have a few more good rides together before the season closes.

So what about the grey one?
Well, we have parted after having started out the season in the best of ways. We took to the track in early April and got ourselves a road racing licence. We even managed to kick some 4-cylinder butt in the frosty weather, believe it or not.
In May we went for a track meeting in the south of Sweden, and the limitations of the grey lady were felt immidiatly. At the end of the day we ended up in the gravel. Me, flung over the bars straight into the armco. We got away very well considering the circumstances.






























We tried another event a few weeks later, but the good feeling was gone. The front felt like it was washing away in the faster bit and as soon as we tipped into the right handers the back stepped out as the exhaust dragged. We called it a day early.

And then the grey was traded for a VOR. My first enduro bike! I was only wearing thongs the day I went to pick her up, and I kicked my leg all bloody as the forward action kick flicked back into my shins. I still have a few marks even though its more than a month and a half ago. What a nice way to start the relationship. I haven't started her since, as I've told myself I need to get the proper gear first.
You can see her in the back-ground there, IF you can tear your eyes off of that gorgeous piece of fat bloke.



And the Lipstick, the 851? She's been on the transfer list since March. Yep. I've been meaning to sell her. BUT, I have now come to my sences again. I can't sell her. How could I ever??? She's a piece of history. The beginning of the new Ducati racing era back in the late 80s (even though my baby was born in 1991). And she's still a good ride. Sure, you have to push her. But when you do, you can get your knee down even on the road and she feels much more rewarding also at slightly lower speeds (you don't have to scare yerself to have some fun). I'm planning to take her through some surgery this winter and hope she'll be my new track (and road with the missus on the back) bike for next year.
Aint she loverly?!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home